• We should model ourselves after the Bereans
• Acts 17:10-11 10 Then the brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea. When they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews. 11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.
Don’t believe anything I tell you!
Find out for yourself!
• For most of the past 2,000 years the Bible was a treasure that millions willingly died for. And yet we all take it so for granted.
I believe the Bible is the best gift God has ever given to man. All the good from the Savior of the world is communicated to us through this book.
The Bible is no mere book, but it is a Living Creature, with a power that conquers all that oppose it.
• The Word of God is inexhaustible. 24 years would be insufficient…
The truth is in the details. Every detail is connected to every other.
Our Goal: A Strategic Grasp of the Total
– A conceptual grounding in the major truths
A navigational awareness to fit it all together
66 books written by 40 different authors
The Bible authenticates itself all throughout the book.
The New Testament is in the Old Testament concealed;
The Old Testament is in the New Testament revealed. Augustine
• Hour 1: Introduction
• Hour 2: Genesis: Creation thru the Flood
• Hour 3: Genesis: Call of Abram thru the patriarchs
• Hour 4: The Exodus and the Law (Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy)
• Hour 5: Taking and possessing the land (Joshua, Judges, Ruth)
• Hour 6: The History books (Samuel, Kings, and Chronicles)
• Hour 7: The Poetical / Wisdom books (Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Songs)
• Hour 8: Daniel
• Hour 9: After the exile (Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther)
• Hour 10: Major Prophets (Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel)
• Hour 11: Minor Prophets
• Hour 12: Intro to the New Testament and the “silent years”
• Hour 13: The Ministry of Jesus
• Hour 14: Jesus’ final week
• Hour 15: Acts
• Hour 16: Romans (definitive collection of Christian Doctrine)
• Hour 17: I and II Corinthians
• Hour 18: Galatians
• Hour 19: Ephesians
• Hour 20: Philippians, Colossians, Thessalonians
• Hour 21: Timothy, Titus
• Hour 22: Philemon, Hebrews, James
• Hour 23: 1 & 2Peter, 1,2,3 John,
• Hour 24: Jude, Revelation
• Home Work
Does Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity contradict Genesis chapter 1?
Why was Cain’s sacrifice rejected?
How did Abel know his sacrifice was accepted?
Has there ever been anyone who didn’t die?